Friday, August 17, 2007

Working for the Man

"Hey now you better listen to me everyone of you
We got a lotta lotta lotta lotta work to do
Forget about your woman and that water can
Today we're working for the man."

Working for the Man, Roy Orbison.

I went to the accountant today and I think I am in love. There is something about a slim, plain-looking young woman in a business suit that is incredibly attractive. Actually, it wasn't that this girl was particularly good-looking (she was pretty, but she wasn't "hot"), but her robot like professionalism and her razor-sharp social intelligence were, to be honest, a little erotic. Moreover, being the big, tough man that I am, I naturally found having the pittance I live on picked apart by a much younger and very female person humbling.
Every conversation seemed to go like this:

Accountant -Hi Ross, nice to meet you. My name is X. How has you day been?
Me - Yes, ummm, working on lesson thingys. Very busy. Ummm...Yes. My name is Ross.
Or this,
Accountant - So Ross, are there any other work-related expenses that we can deduct?
Me - Your hair is pretty.
Hands up who thinks I should spend my tax return on a few weeks of therapy?
In other news, my second teaching placement begins on Monday and for the next five weeks of my life my ass belongs to the Victorian State Government. This is post is let you all (Mark and whoever else bothers to check in these days) know that I might drop off the radar until late September. Don't worry, I will continue to lurk in the background and drop the odd comment. I may even post something before my placement ends but it isn't a gurantee.
Until then, lots of love and remember to keep it real.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

L
O
L
Heh, that's a new side of you. Just goes to show the power of a woman in uniform...

Shelley said...

He he. I actually snorted with laughter at that.

I lurk. Unfortunately, you're not very obliging about posting. Drop off the radar indeed!

Ross said...

Yeah, and you both thought I was perfect didn't you?

James said...

Good luck with the placement.

Shelley said...

Perfect...? Yeah sure, kitten, whatever.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, perfection is boring. It doesn't give us the chance to snicker at you.