Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I need to start writing again.

It has been just over year since I was offered a job at an anonymous public school in the western suburbs of Melbourne. While it has been a fantastic experience, I need to excercise the part of my brain that writes - at least until school starts again.

But don't expect too much from me yet. Where I was once an adonis who could run a mile in four minutes flat, I am now a fat man who coughs and wheezes when he walks from the metaphorical television to the metaphorical fridge for his tenth slice of pizza before lunch. And, after all this effort, I think I need another slice and a lie down.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do like a Bex and a lie down - cures all that ails you.

Shelley said...

So,ah, how's that writing going?

Ross said...

NPB - Fine, thank you :-)

Lucy - Is it wrong to take nanna naps at our age?

Anonymous said...

If taking naps is wrong then I don't ever want to be right.

I had one yesterday, and I plan to take a cheeky Sunday afternoon one too.

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to recall this 'adonis'... nup. Never saw him. :P

Hey speaking of jobs and stuff, how did you get yours? It's really close to your home, so I'm figuring you must have some kind of insight into the whole process. (In fact, I'm thinking of applying in Melbourne as well as Perth. What's the organisation you contact? Or is it individual schools over there?)

Ross said...

Lucy - Point taken. I wish I had a bed at work so I could power down for 30 minutes every day and not just weekends.

Marky Mark - if you're going to survive in the teaching business you need to learn about a little concept called PRAISE!!! You don't attract ants with vineagar my friend.

I'll email you about the rest of the stuff. A bit too long for a blog comment

Anonymous said...

Ross dear, have you completely foresaken the blog?

Because that would be sad.

Shelley said...

Dude, even I have blogged lately.