Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Can We Still Be Friends?

Photos from my Perth sojourn.





Limo and champagne, this wedding was first-class all the way.







Well, first-class most of the way. We arrived a little early so we decided to watch some TV.





Then it was time to suit up.




Shirts, waistcoats and trench coats, all black, in 35 degree heat. I survived but I think some of the other guests were suffering from heatstroke at the reception.



Enough bogan hijinks. Here is a photo of Perth by The Swan that I took at the reception. The blues are the Bank West building.




A photo of my God-Daughter. What a cutie! Takes after her God-Father of course.





I tried to get her to smile but I was dealing with a mind far superior to my own.




My trip back to Perth was kinda like having a fling with an ex-girlfriend and then reliving the trauma of the break-up because the reasons you couldn’t be together in the first place haven’t changed. Maybe, one day, Perth and I will hook up again – perhaps even marriage will beckon. For the time being we will just have to be friends. It’s the best thing for both of us.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Your God Daughter is so cute!

I love weddings when you are "in" with the bridal party, they are so much fun then!!

Ross said...

She is pretty damn cute. :)

This was first time I have been on the "inside" of a wedding. It was fun but I am just glad the photos went ok. I have heard some horror stories about uptight wedding photographers.

lucy said...

I second the cute.

And I don't even like kids all that much, so she's pretty gorgeous.

But the full suits in 35 degree weather? I hope it was someone who you like a lot for that.